PUBLISHED: DEC 13, 2016 – BLOG: HOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE WITH JOOMLA
Learn how to build a website with Joomla by reading this article. Before we learn how to build your own website using Joomla, it is important to know what is a “Content Management System,(CMS)”. In simple words, one can define the “CMS “as a set of interlinked programs. It helps you in managing your content which is in the form of a simple text, video, photo or any document. Joomla is also the CMS which provides an open-source solution for developing various powerful websites and online applications.
Joomla has been proven to be one of the best website building platforms that you can use to build your own website, its also very user-friendly as well.
A lot of factors such as cost, quality, time, etc. should be considered while selecting a platform to create any website. Choosing the right platform is the first step towards it. One can choose Joomla for developing the website because of its numerous features as listed below:
- Open-source and User Friendly: Joomla can be used by anybody as it is free to use. Joomla is user friendly as it makes it easy for non-technical users to create their websites.
- Supports OOPS: Developers working on the Joomla platform are convenient to develop the powerful applications as it supports the Object Oriented Programming language.
- Substantial features of the Content Management: Joomla serves to be the best CMS when it comes to deal with the various websites carrying a large number of sections, categories, pages or menus.
- Multiple Access Control list (ACL) Features: Joomla has became an ideal choice for the websites that consist multiple ACL levels and user registration features.
- Extensive Control over the Templates: It is not necessary that every CMS platform allows to set all the templates or themes for the entire website, some CMS platforms allow only for one active template across the whole website. So, by using Joomla, one can achieve this.
Recently, An Announcement Was Made Regarding The Release Of Joomla's New Version With Various Improvements.
The release date for Joomla's new version i.e.
Joomla 3.7 is 28th March/2017.
The dates to be noted for Joomla 3.7 are:
Alpha 1: 20th December 2016
Alpha 2: 10th January 2017
Beta 1: 24th January 2017
Beta 2: 7th February 2017
Release Candidate 1: 21st February 2017
Release Candidate 2: 7th March 2017
Release Candidate 3: 14th March 2017
Release Candidate 4: 21st March 2017
Stable Release: 28th March 2017
Extended Features of Joomla 3.7: The Joomla! Project and the Production Leadership Team is planning to embed some new features to this version of Joomla. There will be a lot of improvements from previous versions of Joomla.
Some Of The Added Features Are Like:
- Router Improvements in Joomla 3.7: The relevant code for processing the search engine friendly URLs is the work of router in Joomla. Lots of problems are faced by the Joomla users with the current versions of Joomla. So, Joomla 3.7 is coming up with the advanced routing strategy in which it will remove all the unnecessary ID's in URLs.
- Advanced Media Manager: Joomla 3.7 is going to include an updated media manager with the extended and improved usability thus helping the users to control their use of images in the back-end by allowing them to crop the image or re-size it or make some changes directly on the server.
- Custom-Fields: Introducing the custom-fields in Joomla 3.7 will allow the users to add their own pieces of information to their content that will be the added advantage for the Joomla users.
Steps To Install Joomla Manually:
In order to install Joomla in your local PC manually, you need to follow the under-listed steps:
1: Search & Get Joomla 3 installation Package:
In order to install Joomla 3 on the web server, first you need to download the Joomla installation package. Visit it's official website Joomla.org & start downloading. Many other sites also offer the Joomla installation package. But, going through them might be risky. You can do it at your own risk.
2: Uploading of Joomla files on your Web Server:
After the successful installation of Joomla package on the web server, transfer the extracted files and folders to your web server. Upload the Joomla installation files easily using the File Transfer Protocol,FTP.
3: Creating a Database for Joomla:
Once the transferring of the related files is done, create a database and assign a user to it with full permissions. Then, write the database name, username, password that is created by you.
4: The Final Installation Process
After the installation files are uploaded from your end, you need to open your browser and navigate to your main domain depending where you have uploaded the Joomla installation package. Once it has been completed , the first screen of the Joomla Web Installer will open in front of you.
This is how you can install Joomla to your local PC. If you require any help we suggest you contact Mr Dev Gor at TRL IT solutions. He is the core person to handle and manage all web & mobile app development tasks. He has lots of expertise in Joomla Web Development.
Joomla is an acknowledged CMS among the users. Developers prefer it to write the stunning websites as it comes with a package of great features. Moreover, the upcoming version Joomla 3.7 is considered as the more matured by the developers' end. Accoring to the resources, 28 th March 2017 is the final release date for Joomla 3.7.
Follow the simple steps and utilize the brand new version with extended features.Please Share